Gensō Shōjoken: Battle Maiden
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

redesign proposals

3 posters

Go down

redesign proposals Empty redesign proposals

Post by ChinaD011 Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:35 pm

Last edited by ChinaD011 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

ChinaD011

Back to top Go down

redesign proposals Empty Re: redesign proposals

Post by Rokugurin Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Reimu:
Cute and action-y. I like it. Also like the rope around her waist with the yin yang orb pin on it. Headband is an interesting touch.

Marisa:
I do like the new outfit. It fits perfectly even though it looks rather formal for her.

Sanae:
Damn, this is too cute. Love the zipper and her shoes. And that frog pouch just adds even more adorable.

Youmu:
Snazzy. Need I say she looks quite handsome like this? I especially like the kimono hanging off of her.

Sakuya:
Not bad. The monocle is a funny addition, but I feel that might be pushing it a bit. I do like the ninja theme you used for her.
Rokugurin
Rokugurin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Y Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:13 am

These are for secondary designs, no? I think the initial costumes should stay closer to the characters' traditional looks. (Not to say I don't like these, but it could weird out some fans if we use original designs as default costumes)

Take all my criticisms with a grain of salt—I doubt I could even draw the stick figure-keyframes Gand did over on the character development forums. My artwork reaches new levels of suck.

Reimu
I like the headband, but it feels a bit out of place with the rest of the outfit. Maybe if she had other athletics-oriented clothes it would work better? Also it would be great if it had a Yin-Yang Orb on it Very Happy

Marisa
I'm not as sure about this, primarily because her top half looks more Pilgrim-esque and her bottom half looks more modern teenage witch. While both halves fit her character surprisingly well, the outfit as a whole feels a bit fragmented.

Sanae
This is amazing. I know it's not part of the outfit but I love her face Very Happy

Youmu
Unusual but certainly has a charm that's grown on me. Office casual Youmu is quirky and might turn out quite popular. However, again, having both the jeans and the shitagi(?) might be combining too many ideas at once.

Sakuya
I smiled when I saw the monocle in a good way...I think this made my night. I suspect people will either think this is amazing or dumb, but it NEEDS to be kept for the people who think it's amazing.

Overall, there's a lot of very unusual ideas here that might seem uncomfortable or weird at first, but certainly have their charm. Keep it up.

And finally, please don't get discouraged even if these ideas aren't too popular at first. Throwing out any and all ideas is entertaining for the whole group and is the ONLY way for the project to develop some character, so it's important to keep it up! (That sounds like something the overly-optimistic anime girl would say...but seriously...just keep making art and sharing pls)

Daniel Y

Back to top Go down

Post by ChinaD011 Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:34 am

I never said anything about these being secondary designs. Honestly I have no power in this whole team, and I'm unsure whose opinions matter when it comes to these aesthetics.

Thank you for the feedback so far, however. I'm sorry for my blunt attitude.

ChinaD011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum